Alison and Peter W. Klein have exhibited their art collection in the museum designed by Folker Rockel since October 2007. The five story building, which is designed on ecologically sound principles, is built onto Peter W. Klein’s former company building to form an aesthetically integrated unit. In the interior of the museum, elements of industrial architecture are incorporated. The large glass windows are unusual for an art museum. Even in the exhibition halls there are windows that give a view of the surrounding countryside. Contemporary art and agriculture are presented here next to each other as an exciting contrast.
The museum offers 1080 square yards (1000 square meters) of exhibition halls divided over four stories. Each level and the stairways are constructed openly to lend the structure movement and lightness. This open floor-plan also gives the observer the possibility to see the works of art from different perspectives.